Friday 31 December 2010

Roll on 2011!

As if by magic, or some sort of time machine, we are already facing 2011; and I for one am looking forward to it. I have not had a good 2010, what with stress, illness and a death in the family, it hasn't been a great time. But that's the thing about life - you never know what it's going to throw at you. So I welcome 2011, as an end to what has gone before and a chance for a new beginning. And if I've leaned anything it's to not wait around for the good things to come but to get out there and make them happen. So in that vein here are my aims for the new year (not resolutions - no one sticks to them and I'm no different):
  • Submit at least three short stories to writing competitions (one in line already!)
  • Finish the novel - this terrifies me but I am determined to not do a Tolkien and take years to write the tome.
  • Move out - still at home with the parents but this is the year I plan to get out there and pay bills, rent, and food all by myself... Why do I want to do this again?
Let me wish all of you a great New Year, and may it be the year you go and do the things you love, learn something new everyday and be around the ones you love. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment