Saturday 28 May 2011

An unexpected post - RIP Rolo

I was planning on doing a long post today but events have made me want to write something else and I'll put the intended post off until later in the week. This morning my boyfriend's dog Rolo died, a 7-year-old (would have have been 8 next week) Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. It was very sudden, and has taken us all by surprise. If any of you don't understand why I would write about this then you've never had a close relationship with an animal, one of the most rewarding and rich experiences any human beng can have. I highly recommend it.

Rolo will be much missed by his family, and those of us lucky enough to have known him. Bright, dopey, excitable, and always looking for that elusive piece of dropped food, he will live long in our thoughts. His favourite past times were licking my boyfriend's face, sleeping, eating, eating some more and snatching chocolates if they came anywhere near to falling on the floor.

RIP Rolo


1 comment:

  1. I love how you use the words "bright" and "dopey" to describe him --- right next to each other! The applicability of both adjectives at once, captures the essence of what it means to love the animal that domesticated us so thoroughly, so long ago.

    ReplyDelete