Saturday 30 June 2012

Busy Little Bee

Sorry for the late posting of this. I've just had one of those weeks when your head feels like it might implode with all the stuff you have to get done. It's not all finished yet either... but I'm definitely on my way there.

The first thing that's been keeping me busy is some major Hen Night planning for a friend of mine. It's wonderful to try to come up with things that I think she'll love, but massively stressful. I'll be a lot happier once the day itself is here and (I hope) she squeals in delight at what I've set up for the activities. So, I'm a tad stressed about that...


The story writing is going well, since I started forcing myself to get up a bit earlier so I can write before I leave for work. As my commute is about 1hr and 15 minutes in the morning, I've settled for getting up a bit earlier and getting into work a bit later to make sure I have 30 minutes every morning to write. The only downside to this plan is that all day at work I can't stop thinking about the story and wishing I could just be home working on it. One day, one day.

I've also been working on my artistic skills again. Regular readers will know that I dabble, and recently I've been trying to make it a regular thing, like the writing. My logic for this is; I love drawing and painting; I could eventually be good enough to sell little pieces here on the inter webs; and most importantly, it makes it a very real possibility that I could do my own book covers when the day comes I write something I'm happy to self-publish. Like the writing though, it takes dedicated practise to get good, and I am a bit rusty. I just finished an experiment with my very first Copic Markers (bought for my birthday by lovely work friends);



It's not perfect, but for a first proper attempt I'm happy. I know if I can keep up the pace I can get better. Even though it means my hands will once more be covered in different colours, just like when I was a teen. Shaking hands with people at work is about to get a lot more interesting. ("Oh, don't worry about the red on my hands. It's just ink. Honest")

Lastly, I promised a while back to put some photos up of my trip to Gothenburg, so those are below. That city has to be one of the cleanest I've ever seen and has some really nice architecture. As I'm normally there for work I tend not to get to see a lot of the city, but this time one of the girls from the office there was happy to walk about with me so I could see some of the statues. Please to enjoy.






(Apparently this guy is the founder of Gothenburg.
This is him pointing and saying,
"This is where I want my city. Right. Here.")

No comments:

Post a Comment