Monday 15 October 2012

Huzzah and Hooray - Returning to the 21st Century

Joyous jubilation's; I have the Internet once more at home. No more hanging around in a Starbucks looking like a pretentious tosser. No more burning out my phone's battery (and bill) with eye hurtingly small screen browsing. And better yet, it's faster than it's ever been, thanks to a certain "infinity" option from one of the biggest telecom companies in Britain (don't make me say their name - Lucifer probably gets another three souls every time they're mentioned. But better the devil you know, than the one you don't).

As if this wasn't enough to bring pure happiness to my life, I also got a new fridge-freezer installed. I tell you, it's like being in some science-fiction fantastic future. With a force of will I didn't hug my new fridge but I may have stuck my head inside its reassuring coolness when I got home. Don't judge me: try going without a fridge for over four weeks. Then you can judge me.

So as I have my two preciousness' (preciousness's?) back here are some photos I took during my holiday. Me and my man spent a day in London taking in the views of Westminster on our way to the Tate gallery. Enjoy.

I always forget just how "big" Big Ben is...

Westminster is very pretty on the outside.
Shame about those politicians ruining it on the inside.

I couldn't have planned a better shot.
Thank you dark cloud for adding atmosphere.

The Union Jack flies proud and true.
Wonder if they were eating caviar in there?

I adore this architecture. Gothic and majestic all at once.

This would have been a great picture if not for the "plebs" wandering into shot.
(Only kidding. I love plebs really.)

You can't see them but there was someone standing on the other side
of the horse to get their picture taken with it. The horse did not like them much
and turned to bite them. Yay horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment